Swami Nishchalananda was inspired by his guru to write a number of books on yoga which are currently published by the Bihar School of Yoga including:
- Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha
- Meditations from the Tantras
- Sannyasa Tantra
- A Systematic Course in the Ancient Tantric Techniques of Kriya Yoga.
For some years he was the editor of Yoga the international monthly magazine published by the Bihar School of Yoga.
He has also written the following books published by the Mandala Yoga Ashram and available from the Ashram Shop:
- Insight into Reality - the Tantric Teachings of the Vigyana Bhairava Tantra
- The Edge of Infinity
- Mantra Yoga and Ashram Chants.
He has created several short booklets which explain specific yogic topics which are also published by the Mandala Yoga Ashram and available from the Ashram Shop:
- Kena Upanishad - to whom?
- Bhaja Govindam - open your heart to reality
- The Chakras - keys to a quantum leap in human evolution
- Pancha Kosha - the five sheaths of the human being
- Bhagavad Gita - its symbolism and practical applications
- Bhakti Yoga - the yoga of the heart
- The Mantra Om - symbol of primordial vibration
- Karma Yoga - the yoga of awareness in action
- Kriya Yoga - a systematic, time-tested and profound approach to spiritual awakening
- Two Yogic Paradigms of Human Nature - the three bodies and the four states
- Balance, Integration and Transformation - as symbolised by the ida and pingala.